Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
July 27, 2016
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 27th day of July, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:02 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Cassy Haynes, Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cable King, Colin Jemmott, Greg Davidson, Dominic Moretto, and Jake Holler.
Absent: Lisa Walden
Community Members Present: Dag, Denise, Meg, Nicole, and Jon Ray..
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board
There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY PAUL MCCARTHY, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 7/13/16 be approved.
President’s Report – N/A
- Treasurer Cable King emailed Treasury Report to Board members prior to meeting;
- Ticket revenue coming in but at slower rate than last year;
- Jon Ray was able to get EventBrite to increase withdrawal limit;
- Continue to follow up on insurance;
- Negotiated lower rate with company to perform corporate services and act as registered agent.
Regional Contact Report – Brady/Nicole: Nothing to report
- Logistics wise ahead of the curve;
- Lead campout weekend of 7/29/16.
- 2 rounds of art grants given out (approximately $45k)
- Working with Maker Faire people regarding press conference with City & using Mini Man 2.0 as backdrop for press conference.
Colab Report –
- Internet hardware upgraded but need more band-with. Paul exploring with Cox Communications
Executive Session – The BOD conducted an executive session.
Art Grant Requests
(i) Figment (Nicole): Figment 2016 being held in August in Chicano Park; Holding fundraiser prior to event to raise funds; Requested $2,000.00 from SDCAP.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT, SDCAP will give $2,000.00 to Figment San Diego for the Figment project.
(ii) Colab Booth at Youtopia (Stephanie Cucurullo): Booth for Center Camp @ Youtopia to introduce Colab to community; Considered outreach.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY GREG DAVIS, SECONDED AND CARRIED*, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT, SDCAP will give $600.00 to Stephanie Cucurullo for the Colab booth at Youtopia as part of SDCAP’s outreach art grants.
*Stephanie Cucurullo abstained
- Regional Leadership Conference– Process started; Notes/Policies drafted, fine tuning; current volunteers working RLC are overextended and cannot move project forward without assistance; Cassy Haynes volunteered to assist and move project forward.
- SDCAP Art Grant Process – Board agreed that a policy and process needs to be created; put on website; create art grant application; Steph will work on documentation templates; Much discussion regarding art grant process and how to reach more potential grant recipients.
- Producer Selection Process – New process or update old process needs to be created; Paul will create Google doc for BOD members to input thoughts re: process
- Grant Writing – Colin met with a couple of grant writers; Grant writer has submitted contract form to be engaged as SDCAP grant writer; Cassy to work with grant writer to pull information together.
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 PM.
Cassandra L. Haynes, Secretary