Board of Directors Meeting (Special)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
February 8, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 8th day of February, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:03 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Colin Jemmott, Jake Holler, Lisa Walden, Greg Davidson, Cassy Haynes, Cable King, and Dominic Moretto
Community Members Present: Jon Ray, Natural, Brady, Brady, Meg, Ramiro, and Ken.
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY LISA WALDEN, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meetings of the Board held on 1/25/17 and 2/1/17 be approved.
- Retreat 2/25 & 2/26, need to create plan and agenda
- Performed initial research into financing for acquisition of warehouse space
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY LISA WALDEN, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT $200.00 shall be allocated for Board Retreat meals and beverages.
- Treasurer’s report emailed before meeting
- Researching new banking options
- Organizing and archiving historical files from previous Executive Director
- Onboarding Binder
Regional Contact Report – N/A
Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Leads Interview process going well; teams are looking strong
- There has been movement with the Tribe regarding the Contract
- Putting together RFP for new website.
Colab Report – Lisa and Meg
- Org chart created in poster sized/dry erase format
- Taking on new civic engagement activities and will have a person in charge of such activities
- Growth rate in the past month has been rather extraordinary
- Continued research and work on safety and evacuation plans
- Plumbing issues are being resolved; line was hydro-jetted, but more is needed; Landlord paying for hydro-jet via rent credit
- Guidelines for GLC attendance; Meg leading Pod on Volunteer succession
- Colin requested funding for purchase of book regarding consensus.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CASSY HAYNES, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT $32.31 shall be granted to Colin Jemmott for the acquisition of “Consensus through Conversation” books for each Board member.
- Board to send message (including deadline for submission) to artists re: funding for Burning Man art projects.
- Fiscal sponsorship discussion; Colin will take point on researching fiscal sponsorship (in general), but will work with Stephanie and Curt to look into fiscal sponsorship.
- Art Grant Request: The Effect (BM Honorarium Project)
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY DOMINIC MORETTO, SECONDED AND CARRIED**, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT SDCAP will grant $4,000.00 to “The Effect” contingent upon the project being built at Burning Man and/or Youtopia. If the project is not built at either Burning Man or Youtopia, then the funds will be returned to SDCAP.
**Stephanie Cucurullo and Curt Benedetto recused themselves from voting.
Termination of Meeting