Board Membership Agreement
I, _______________________________________, understand that as a member of the Board of Directors of the San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, hereinafter “SDCAP”, I have a responsibility to help the organization fulfill its mission. I believe in the purpose and the mission of the organization, and I agree to act responsibly and prudently as its steward. I agree:
- To become knowledgeable about and familiar with SDCAP, and its unique role in the San Diego Burning Man community.
- To serve as an ambassador for the organization’s work and values to the community, represent the organization in a positive manner, and act as a spokesperson only when such authority has been delegated to me by the Board.
- To effectively participate as a Board Director by attending general Board meetings and maintaining the confidentiality of Board information and deliberations as appropriate.
- To read and adhere to the Conflict of Interest Policy, and review and sign it annually.
- To read and adhere to the Whistleblower Policy, and to be available to any member of our community to report any problems in confidence, and to act in the best interests of the whistleblower, SDCAP, and the community.
- To read and adhere to the Code of Ethics, and to review and sign it annually.
- To attend one or more SDCAP event and to recruit and invite new members to these events.
- To find unique and creative ways in which I can contribute to the Board and SDCAP given my skills, abilities, and contacts in the community.
- I will work in good faith with other Board Members and volunteers as partners towards achievement of our goals.
- To serve a one/two/three year term.
Term start date
Term end date