Board of Directors Meeting (Special)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
February 1, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 1st day of February, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
President’s Declaration – This special Board meeting was announced at the regular meeting on 1/25/17. President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the special Board meeting to order at 7:01 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Colin Jemmott, Jake Holler, Greg Davidson, Cassy Haynes, and Dominic Moretto
Absent: Lisa Walden
Community Members Present: Jon Ray, Natural, Jasmine, Fin, Ken, Dag, Marty, Marie and Bob.
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – N/A
President’s Report – N/A
Treasurer’s Report – N/A
Secretary’s Report – N/A
Executive Session (7:00-8:00 PM)
- Pod tickets and attendees are not yet determined
- 2 RCs will not be attending.
- Subject to the Pod attendee list, SDCAP will disburse $500 as a stipend for each San Diego delegate. Such amount is inclusive of GLC ticket price
- Great pool of strong candidates this year
- Difficult decision; Board looked at needs of Board and merits of each candidate; Community feedback factored heavily into the decision.
- Ken Simmons, Lisa Walden and Kim Eisenberg will be new SDCAP Board members commencing March 2017.
- BOD to reach out to all nominees; Steph to draft email to nominees; appointed Board member will have direct conversation with nominees
- Will seek feedback regarding process
- Colin requests that the Board purchase “Consensus through Conversation” for existing and new Board members.
Executive Session (8:32 – 10:02 PM).
- Note: Dominic strongly objected to closed session
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 10:02 PM.