Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
February 22, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 22nd day of February, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:04 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Stephanie Cucurullo, Colin Jemmott, Jake Holler, Lisa Walden, Greg Davidson, Cassy Haynes, and Cable King
Absent: Paul McCarthy and Dominic Moretto
Community Members Present: Ramiro, Ken, Kim, Denise & Brady
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 2/8/17 be approved.
- Adding Youtopia to SDCAP’s Google suite in order to create more internal document ownership controls.
- Treasurer’s report emailed before meeting.
- Organizing and archiving historical files from previous Executive Director.
- Onboarding Binder.
Regional Contact Report – Brady
- RC’s held a meeting and they are working through outreach ideas regarding new RC candidates, including contacting Meta-Regionals for information before announcing search publicly. RC’s have spoken with a few candidates.
- Nicole pursuing Youtopia being designated an official regional event with BMorg.
Youtopia Report – Lisa for Jon Ray & Natural
- Finished interview process for now; Only 3 leads positions are open.
- Proposed Youtopia budget sent to Board for review on 2/22/17.
- Reviewing RFPs for new website.
Colab Report – Lisa
- Colab has been open 9-5 for past couple of weeks & by April will be full with builds.
- Router classes back in swing.
- Tool shed is built and Colab Managers will acquire tools with donated funds in next few days.
- 3D printers and laser in full use.
- The Journey team is around quite a bit and is helping around Colab.
- 14 people on staff now.
- Contract with Cox Cable signed; getting new internet on 2/23/17.
- Paint Green trailer leaving Colab soon.
- Retreat Topics
- GLC – Curt will be speaking at a Pod
- Website discussion
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 PM.