Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
January 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 11th day of January, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:03 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Colin Jemmott, Jake Holler, Lisa Walden, Cable King, Cassy Haynes, and Dominic Moretto
Absent: Greg Davidson
Community Members Present: Jon Ray, Natural, Jasmine, Meg, Denise, Marty, Marie, Nicole, Ali, and Ramiro
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY PAUL MCCARTHY, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 12/28/16 be approved.
President’s Report –
- Whistleblower Policy put online
- Retreat 2/25 & 2/26
- Youtopia is reconciled
- Historical files being reviewed and organized
- Preparation of Onboarding Binder
Regional Contact Report
- Social Network issues re: community feedback re: elections
- Working on GLC attendee list/recommendations
Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- 2016 Wrapped Up
- Colin to send Afterburn Report to BM Project; Post Report publicly
- 2017- waiting to hear from Tribe, no intent to increase population
- 2017 planning off to good start; budget will be proposed by BOD retreat
Colab Report – Jon Ray/Natural
- 2016 budget
- Expansion on hold until April
- BM Projects will be using Colab for builds
- Router classes occurring; CAD & tool safety classes starting in February
- Large donation for materials and classes is progressing, but tightening up procedures first
- Laser will now charge small hourly rate for commercial projects to fund maintenance of laser
- Maintenance of Colab; Colab will pay for portos directly and reduce rent accordingly.
- GLC Planning
- Board nominations discussions; Town Hall
- Figment debrief
- Executive Session
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM.