Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
October 26, 2016
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 26th day of October, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:01 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Cassy Haynes, Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cable King, Colin Jemmott, Greg Davidson, Dominic Moretto, Jake Holler and Lisa Walden..
Community Members Present: Meg, Jon Ray, Brady, River and Dennis
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 9/28/16 be approved.
President’s Report – N/A.
- Youtopia bills still coming in
- Discussion regarding cut off request date for reimbursement. 11/15/16 will be the cut off date to request reimbursement. Producers will remind leads of dates and encourage requests to be submitted timely.
Secretary’s Report – N/A
Regional Contact Report –
- Afterburn report reminder
- GLC Planning
Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Great event; good buzz/feedback so far
- Leads debriefing meeting on 10/25/16 went well; morale high;
- Incidents @ event down greatly from 2015
- Working on new budget categories, budget committee proposed for next year’s process
- Evaluate ticket levels.
- Jon Ray to head prep of Afterburn Report, committed to be completed by 11/15/16
- Powertrip incident; Discussion with Dennis and BOD; Cassy & Steph to craft demand letter re: replacement of equipment damaged by defective Powertrip equipment.
- Producer selection discussion; Jon Ray nominated as Producer for 2017; Jon Ray accepted subject to selection of his co-lead; Several people have expressed interest; Jon Ray to nominate top picks and get short list to Board within a week; Once short-list is delivered to Board, give leads feedback before going public & community feedback needs to happen as soon as practicably possible. Board to interview top picks once leads feedback received.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board repeal the current Producer selection policy
Executive Session – Board met for executive session
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:02 PM.
Cassandra L. Haynes, Secretary