Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
June 22, 2016
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 22nd day of June, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:03 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Colin Jemmott, Cassy Haynes, Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Lisa Walden, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cable King, and Greg Davidson (Greg via Google Hangout & Phone).
Absent: Jake Holler
Community Members Present: Christian Moffat, Brady Mahaney, Ramiro & Tori
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board
There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 6/8/16 be approved.
- Treasurer Cable King emailed Treasury Report to Board members prior to meeting.
- Ticket sales going well; $7k ahead of last year’s numbers; budgeted ticket sales currently on target
- Discussed need for software to better process handling of receipts and reimbursement; Discussed process to utilize until software or improved process is in place
- Cancellation insurance application has been submitted to insurance company
- Organization of SDCAP online documents has commenced
- Cassy and Steph collaborated to create commissioned art contract template form
Regional Contact (“RC”) Report –
- Fin will have Afterburn Report to Board soon; working on creating a template for the report
- Increased deaths at regionals resulting in higher emphasis on safety and safety training
- Discussion regarding a Regional Summit (SW Region) occurring
- Regional status not yet approved, but Colin will send an email to BMorg
- Jon Ray reported that nearly all open positions are filled (except Center Camp); could use a few more people to fill out departments (i.e. LNT has only one lead) and could use someone for ticketing
- Status is good and ahead of the curve
Colab Report – None
Art Grant Requests
(i) Cabina Exuro (Ramiro): Interactive recording booth with prompted questions (for both Burning Man and Youtopia); team is in place to help build project
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CURT BENEDETTO, AS AMENDED BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT, subject to Cabina Exuro’s (i) receipt of approval by Colab for building and storage space; and, (ii) commitment to seek additional funding through outside fundraisers (and inclusion of such funding into project); and, (iii) execution and delivery of a contract setting forth the terms of the artwork and grant, SDCAP will grant $1,300.00 to Ramiro Martinez for the design, construction and installation of Cabina Exuro.
(ii) Pottery Studio (Christian Moffat): Christian presented updated information/budget for the previous art grant request to bring a pottery studio to Colab. Several questions and requests for clarification were made to/of Christian. Dominic committed to work with Christian to address Board’s concerns/questions/request for clarification. Discussion tabled pending receipt of information from Christian.
Announcements – None
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 PM.
Cassandra L Haynes, Secretary