Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
April 12, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 12th day of April, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 6:59 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Stephanie Cucurullo, Colin Jemmott, Cassy Haynes, Cable King, Paul McCarthy, Lisa Walden, Kim Eisenberg and Ken Simmons
Community Members Present: Lee, Dan, Bret, Natural, Jon Ray, Denise, Sam
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 3/22/17 be approved.
- 5/20/17 Board Retreat
- GLC Debrief; how to address participants that do not fill out debrief form
- BMORG gave SDCAP a ticket to use as a raffle prize
Not much activity
- Completed Art Grant Agreements for 3 recipients; processed sign documents, etc.
- Followed up on Code of Conduct for YOUtopia leads at YOUtopia leads meeting
Regional Contact Report
- Nicole is working on official regional event status
Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Contract for event not secured yet; Cassy to edit contract to create a fallback contract in the event Tribe does not accept proposed changes; Producers will take edited contracts along with the deposit to the Tribe for signature
- Budget discussion
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY KEN SIMMONS, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT proposed “undersold” budget is approved as the budget for YOUtopia 2017.
Colab Report – Lisa
- XSL Poetry Slam & Cook-off raised $406 for Colab
- Purchasing a security camera with the funds raised by XSL
- Plumbing issue remains unresolved
- Moved all account information to Cox & Colab paying Cox directly
- S.U.G.A.R. and Shrine of La Santisima Muerte moving into Colab soon to use as build space
- Calendar packed, laser and router classes full
- Colab doing a summertime offsite fundraiser
- Paint Green trailer discussion
- Consent Class – Train the Trainer: Kim asked Board to review proposal in depth prior to next meeting
- Lee Hemingway requested to take Mini-Man 2.0 to Saguaro Man. Board approved subject to Lee’s execution of a contract; Cassy to prepare Contract
- Powertrip/Dennis Pappenfus issue: Community member Sam Eakin has repaired 2 of the of the damaged panels at a minimal cost
- Art Grant: The Journey
The Board reviewed The Journey’s proposal and conducted a Q & A discussion with The Journey’s leads
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY KEN SIMMONS, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board grant $8,000.00 to The Journey subject to the artist bringing the art piece to Burning Man, YOUtopia and creating a write up for the sdcap.org website and provide ongoing updates as The Journey attends various events.
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.