Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
August 9, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 9th day of August, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
- President’s Declaration
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, as President Colin Jemmott was not in attendance, Stephanie Cucurullo acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
Stephanie Cucurullo called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Stephanie noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Cable King, Ken Simmons, Cassy Haynes, Stephanie Cucurullo, Curt Benedetto, Lisa Walden, Kim Eisenberg, and Paul McCarthy
Absent: Colin Jemmott
Community Members Present: Jasmine, Sam, Jon Ray and Natural
- Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY LISA WALDEN, SECONDED AND CARRIED**, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 7/26/17 be approved.
- President’s Report – N/A
- Treasurer’s Report
- Funds are coming in from ticket sales
- Art grants being funded
- Tracking Report discussion
- Secretary’s Report
- Cancellation Insurance update
- Regional Contact Report – N/A
- Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- 3rd round of art grants will happen;
- May come to board to ask for more funds depending on ticket sales and when Producers have a clearer picture of sell out; not expecting/counting on additional funding from Board
- Youtopia art grant discussion
- Working on quotes for equipment, logistics forms just turned in and being evaluted
- CoLab Report – Lisa
- Great communication going on between build teams and staff;
- All projects are taking pride in Colab; haven’t had staff to man Colab but build teams are stepping up and taking up slack;
- Installed 3rd security camera, 4th camera under repair
- Colab fundraiser opened up revenue stream with venue as venue liked Colab event & staff
- Additional Business
- Producer selection process; Use 9/13/17 meeting as a working meeting re: Producer selection
- Board member selection; At next meeting, Board to agree on calendar re: new Board members
- 8/23/17 Board meeting cancelled due to many Board members being at the Burn
- Consent training, additional funds needed
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CASSY HAYNES, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board fund the consent training program $125 for needed supplies.
- Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 8:33 PM.