SDCAP Meeting Minutes, May 11, 2016

Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
(the “Corporation”)
May 11, 2016
San Diego, CA

MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors (of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 11th day of May, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.

President’s Declaration

As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.

President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:05 PM.

Quorum

The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.

Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Colin Jemmott, Cassy Haynes, Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Lisa Walden, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cable King, Jake Holler, Dominic Moretto (via phone, left mtg @ 8:59), and Greg Davidson (via phone arrived at 7:15, left mtg @ 9:05).

Absent: None

Community Members Present: Christian Moffat, Bobby Marino, Sean Nash, Meg King, Jon Ray, Jackel, Martin, and Laura Lyndsey.

Approval of Agenda

The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.

Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board

There was discussion regarding the new meeting minutes format, which was unanimously approved along with the contents of the 4/27/16 meeting minutes.

ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CURT BENEDETTO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 4/27/16 be approved.

President’s Report

President Jemmott discussed annual forms which must be executed by Board members. President Jemmott will email forms to each Board member to print, sign and bring to 5/25/16 meeting.

President Jemmott encouraged Board members to sign up for Slack.

President Jemmott requested bios from Board members that have not yet submitted theirs so that they can be included on the SDCAP.org website.

Treasurer’s Report

Treasurer Cable King emailed Treasury Report to Board members prior to meeting. Paperwork to include Curt Benedetto on bank accounts were mailed to bank.

ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the 2016 SDCAP budget be approved.

Secretary’s Report

Cassy posed several questions regarding policy, annual paperwork and procedure to the Board.
Board to request that Dean turn over all documentation in his possession to Cassy relating to his duties with SDCAP. Stephanie and Cassy will work together to address questions posed by Cassy with regard to contract execution and registered agent for SDCAP. Cassy agreed to take on responsibility to pick up mail and the annual documentation that is to be executed by Board members. Stephanie agreed to set up a finance committee with Cable and Jake to address financial controls as it relates to check issuance.

Regional Contact (“RC”) Report – None

Youtopia Report

Jake and Jon Ray spoke regarding the status of Youtopia and Youtopia budget.

Morale is high; Tickets targeted to be available for 3rd week in May; Temple application (art grant) to be handled online; All open lead positions are filled; Jake and the RC will work with Nicole regarding the 2015 Afterburn Report

ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the 2016 Youtopia budget be approved.

Colab Report

Glass shop is popular; $500 worth of vinyl windows donated by Tiny House team; Board reemphasized that drinking and working with tools is absolutely prohibited. Colab management agreed and stated that the policy is being strictly enforced.

Safety Report

Camp Triptych (Laura) and Youtopia Safety Hub (Meg) proposed that SDCAP fund CPR and Safety Training classes at Colab. Laura and Meg proposed 2 different options.

Art Grant Requests

Pottery Studio: Christian Moffat submitted his proposal for funds to bring a Pottery Studio to Colab. Christian will work on budget and collaborate with Colab management and re-submit proposal to Board at a later date.

Mini-Man: Curt discussed need for new Mini-Man to sit atop Colab. Suggested that SDCAP announce it to community and request proposals. Curt will manage project.

Announcements – None

Termination of Meeting

There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:13 PM.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 7.57.30 AM

Cassandra L Haynes, Secretary