Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
July 26, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 26th day of July, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
- President’s Declaration
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Colin Jemmott called the meeting to order at 7:01pm.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Colin Jemmott, Cable King, Ken Simmons, Cassy Haynes, Stephanie Cucurullo, Curt Benedetto, Lisa Walden, Kim Eisenberg, and Paul McCarthy
Community Members Present: Meg, Jon Ray, Gene
- Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY COLIN JEMMOTT, SECONDED AND CARRIED**, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 7/12/17 be approved.
**Kim Eisenberg abstained
- President’s Report – N/A
- Treasurer’s Report
- Funds are coming in from ticket sales, but at a slower pace
- $40k granted in first round of YOUtopia art grants
- Secretary’s Report
- Working with broker regarding cancellation insurance
- Regional Contact Report – N/A
- Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Volunteer Fair went well
- Ticket sales going as expected
- 1st round of art grants awarded $40k (major sound and temple are done)
- Safety Hub lead participating in Burning Man mentor program
- Teams almost put together; forms being submitted; on schedule; drama level low
- Board requested updated budget shifts and cost/expenses as they occur
- CoLab Report – Lisa
- Fundraiser went well; Raised around $3k, after expenses, netted around $1,800
- Almost at break-even point with CoLab shirt sales
- CoLab is packed; Journey Project has created a lot of interest in CoLab; Projects are intertwined and working together; Youtopia volunteers being made from projects;
- Laser operators now training others
- Low on staff but people are working well together and pulling responsibility
- Possible installation of fire pole for safety
- Additional Business
- Pride update; Was a great year and most likely came in under budget
- Board member selection process: almost completed, needs to be polished
- Producer selection discussion; potentially use similar process as Board member selection
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED**, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board repeal the existing Producer selection process.
- Colin to meet with the “Save the Starlight” group soon
- Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 8:37 PM.