Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
June 14, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 14th day of June, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
- President’s Declaration
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Colin Jemmott, Cassy Haynes, Cable King, Paul McCarthy, Lisa Walden, Stephanie Cucurullo, Kim Eisenberg and Ken Simmons
Community Members Present: Jon Ray, Meg, Brigid and Natural
- Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY PAUL MCCARTHY, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 5/24/17 be approved.
- President’s Report
- Refreshed SDCAP website
- Treasurer’s Report
- Report will be sent following meeting.
- Secretary’s Report – N/A
- Regional Contact Report – N/A
- Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Going well overall, especially compared to last year
- Leads team seems motivated, with a few exceptions which have been contacted and “re-motivated”
- Website discussion
- General discussion regarding inviting people not to attend YOUtopia (re: safety concerns, etc.); Board to have a strong policy in place or could jeopardize regional status; Steph to follow up with BMorg to discuss re: impact on regional status
- Colab Report – Natural
- CoLab is consistently bringing in funds for past couple of months
- New classes (stained glass)
- All builders cooperating with each other
- CoLab Funraiser in July; SDCAP to donate a ticket for raffle purposes
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT SDCAP donate a YOUtopia ticket to raffle off at the CoLab Funraiser.
- Plumbing problems, but issues have been resolved
- 2 new cameras for interior of building; new lock for laser room
- Meg has resigned as a CoLab Manager and has handed off responsibilities; CoLab is down to 3 Directors; There is a need for more Directors; Currently working on training some of the CoLabrats.
- YOUtopia Fire Safety doing an inspection of CoLab
- Additional Business
- Budget discussion/Budget approval
- Code of Conduct discussion; Will use current form but update next year
- 2nd event RFP (Board to read and comment)
- Civic Art Grants (Board to read and comment)
- Producer Selection; Board must come up with process
- New Board member selection process; Board must come up with new process; waiting on BMorg to send information relating to Community Feedback forms as used for RCs (so that Board may use as a template/starting point for new Board member selection); Colin to follow up with BMorg.
- Code of Conduct Committee; There is community interest; Board to create parameters and process.
- Pride Funding; Next year Pride to be line item in budget
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY COLIN JEMMOTT, SECONDED AND CARRIED**, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT SDCAP grant Chris King $1,600.00 for purposes of the San Diego Burners Pride Parade float and participation.
- Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:26 PM.